feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful.“I’m very grateful to you for all your help”
Even though the Chicago White Sox lost to the Arizona Diamondbacks today, I thought I would write my post about how grateful I am for having an amazing friend and life coach who was gracious enough to set me up with tickets to the Diamondbacks slaughtering my White Sox. Even amidst the butt whooping I was looking around the ballpark taking in the smell of hot dogs, the sound of the bat cracking as it hit the ball, and the energy of pure joy that was radiating from the fans. While I am very grateful for the tickets (and the opportunity to drink a beer and eat junk food on a Wednesday), the tickets were just a reminder of how I have been surrounded by so many amazing people in my life.
As I sat around and pondered many of my old and new friendships, one word kept coming to the forefront: Grateful. All night I have felt this wave of extreme gratitude for the friends I have known for a long time, the friends I have known for a short time, and the friends I just recently made along my journey. The tickets today to watch my favorite ball club, just symbolize the amount of love and support I have been presented with by those who I call my friends.
I am grateful for:
- My friends who text me and tell me they love me
- My friends who are always there for me no matter what
- My friends who have stood by my side through the good and the bad
- My friends who have helped me out when I needed help
- My friends who call me to share important updates about their life
- My friends who have trusted me with “top secret,” information
- My friends who have made introductions to others to help me find my way
- My friends who have shared their struggles with me to inspire/motivate me
- My friends who have invited me places when I needed it the most
I am just so grateful for all of my friends and everything they have done for me along my path that has made me a better person. I will never be able to truly express my appreciation for all that they have done for me, because there really are no words that can describe how much they mean to me. So I will just continue to say:
Thank you, I love you all.
Read more about the 30 day challenge: “What is my 30 day challenge.”
30 Character Traits (in no particular order):
- Self- discipline
Honest / Transparent
- Open minded